Welcome to the official website of New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author, Kaylea Cross! I write edge-of-your-seat romantic suspense. For more information about me and what I’m working on, please browse around the rest of my site. If you’d like to stay current on the latest news regarding upcoming releases, please contact me to join my newsletter.
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Format: ebook & print
Length: Novel (84,000 words)
Sometimes the one you were meant to be with…
Marisol Lorenzo landed her dream job as an Assistant U.S. Attorney and is working on the case that could make her career; now she’s determined to put away the most dangerous drug lord in the country. But his incarceration has opened up a lethal turf war among his lieutenants. Their enforcers are out hunting their enemies, and anyone who gets in their way. When one of them sets his sights on Marisol, she turns to a man she grew up with and has wanted for years—a member of the FBI’s elite Hostage Rescue Team. Even though she thinks he’ll break her heart when he leaves town, it’s a risk she’s willing to take.
Has been right in front of you all along.
Special Agent Ethan Cruz is back home in Miami with his team to take down a dangerous fugitive linked to the case Marisol is working on. He’s focused on his job and not looking for a relationship, until she captures his attention so completely that he’s consumed with the need to make her his. Though he knows he should keep his distance, the explosive attraction sizzling between them makes it impossible. He’s always had a soft spot for her but now his feelings are so intense he can’t shut them off. What starts off as desire quickly runs deeper, becoming something more powerful than he’s ever known. And when Marisol winds up in the crosshairs of the most lethal enforcer of all, he’ll put everything on the line to save her.
- August 2015 — Hunted wins in the Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence!
- August 2015 — Hunted is an Aspen Gold finalist!
- June 2015 – Rekindled and Hunted are Colorado Romance Award of Excellence finalists!
- May 2014 – Ignited is a Daphne Du Maurier finalist!
- April 2014 – Lethal Pursuit and Ignited are both 2014 Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence finalists!
- April 2014 – The Vacant Chair is a 2014 Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence finalist!
- March 2014 – Lethal Pursuit is a 2014 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence finalist!
- November 2013 – Dangerous Attraction box set hits #21 on the NYT List!
- November 2013 – Dangerous Attraction box set hits #35 on the USA Today Bestseller List!
- April 2013 – Darkest Caress is a finalist in the NECRWA Bean Pot contest!
- March 2013 – Darkest Caress is nominated by The Romance Reviews for best paranormal romance of 2013!
- March 2013 – Darkest Caress is a 2013 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence finalist!
- March 2012 – Deadly Descent is a 2012 New England RWA Bean Pot finalist!
- March 2012 – Absolution wins the 2012 EPIC Awards!
- November 2011 – Absolution takes 3rd in the 2011 Laurel Wreath Awards!
- October 2011 – No Turning Back wins the 2011 Aspen Gold Competition!
- October 2011 – Relentless takes 3rd in the 2011 Heart of Excellence Awards!
- September 2011 – Absolution is a 2012 EPIC Finalist!
- July 2011 – Cover of Darkness and No Turning Back are finalists in the Aspen Gold Competition!
- July 2011 – Relentless and Absolution are finalists in the Colorado RWA Heart of Excellence Awards!
- May 2011 – Cover of Darkness is a finalist in the Daphne Du Maurier Awards!
- April 2011 – No Turning Back is an OKRWA National Readers’ Choice Awards finalist!