Genre: Romantic Suspense
Format: ebook & print
Length: Novel (80,000 words)
They were partners once
After an attack on the job that nearly killed her, Special Agent Celida Morales is determined to salvage her reputation in the FBI and get back to the career she loves. Domestic terrorism has left its mark on her—literally—and now she’s more determined than ever to leave her mark on it. But when a hostage situation takes an unexpected turn she’s confronted with the realization that she may not only lose the hostages, but also the only man she’s lost her heart to.
To be together now, this time they’ll have to risk it all
Hostage Rescue Team assault team leader Brad Tucker has always wanted Celida but professional conduct and her unwillingness to commit stood in the way. For more than a year he’s been juggling the increasing demands of his job and personal life, but after Celida was almost killed, none of those reasons matter anymore. Tuck knows it’s time to claim her and he’s ready to lay it all on the line. Then an op turns deadly and it’s a race to bring down a well-trained enemy bent on settling an old score, a man who doesn’t care how many innocent people get in his way.
Tuck kept his eyes locked with hers, his resolve clear in his expression and in his body language. “The day you were wounded it scared the hell out of me that I’d almost lost you. You matter to me. Always have. I want you. To be with you.”
Every nerve ending in Celida’s body lit up, a wave of heat flooding her so fast that for a moment it felt like she was drowning. She couldn’t believe he’d just admitted all that without being under torture. Though knowing Tuck, his training and experience in the years he’d spent in Delta, even torture wouldn’t have made him say it if he didn’t want to.
“I want to be with you too,” she said softly. So much she could barely breathe right now.
His gaze sharpened, heated. “I mean for more than sex, darlin’.”
Oh, man, he’d never called her that before. The way he said it in that deep drawl, the look in his eyes, made her all melty inside.
“How much more?” she managed to get out, loving everything about this conversation but balking at the thought of being locked into something she wasn’t ready for.
Being exclusive, she could totally handle, because there was no way she would share him. Ever. But the long-term commitment she sensed he wanted from her still scared her a little, even though he was the best man she’d ever known. The truth was, she wasn’t sure if she had it in her to make something last long-term.
His gaze never wavered from hers. “As much as you’ll give me.”
Her heart did a weird little roll at that simple statement, like it had fainted. Seriously, it was a freaking miracle that she didn’t just slide right off the couch into a puddle on the floor in front of him. He wanted everything, but wasn’t pushing her for more than she could handle. And damn, if that didn’t make her slide a little further into love with him.
“Okay.” It came out all breathy and soft, but it was the best she could manage when drawing in oxygen seemed impossible. She was on her feet without realizing it, already reaching for him when he held out a hand to stop her. She froze, looked at him questioningly.
His face was so serious. “All or nothing, Celida. If you want me that’s the way it’s gonna have to be. I can’t do it any other way with you.”
She heard the warning note in his voice, knew it likely was because he knew she didn’t do long-term, but it barely registered above the territorial vibe he was giving off.
“Okay,” she repeated, willing to examine the implications of her decision later if it meant finally feeling that mouth on hers, those hands all over her body. He was standing in front of her telling her he wanted her and there was no way she could say no.
His expression relaxed at her answer, the tension in his shoulders easing. Without a word he took the remaining step to close the distance between them and took her face in his hands. Such a powerful man, yet capable of such gentleness too. The tender, possessive gesture nearly undid her.
- May 2014 – Ignited is a Daphne Du Maurier finalist!
- April 2014 – Lethal Pursuit and Ignited are both 2014 Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence finalists!
- April 2014 – The Vacant Chair is a 2014 Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence finalist!
- March 2014 – Lethal Pursuit is a 2014 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence finalist!
- November 2013 – Dangerous Attraction box set hits #21 on the NYT List!
- November 2013 – Dangerous Attraction box set hits #35 on the USA Today Bestseller List!
- April 2013 – Darkest Caress is a finalist in the NECRWA Bean Pot contest!
- March 2013 – Darkest Caress is nominated by The Romance Reviews for best paranormal romance of 2013!
- March 2013 – Darkest Caress is a 2013 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence finalist!
- March 2012 – Deadly Descent is a 2012 New England RWA Bean Pot finalist!
- March 2012 – Absolution wins the 2012 EPIC Awards!
- November 2011 – Absolution takes 3rd in the 2011 Laurel Wreath Awards!
- October 2011 – No Turning Back wins the 2011 Aspen Gold Competition!
- October 2011 – Relentless takes 3rd in the 2011 Heart of Excellence Awards!
- September 2011 - Absolution is a 2012 EPIC Finalist!
- July 2011 – Cover of Darkness and No Turning Back are finalists in the Aspen Gold Competition!
- July 2011 – Relentless and Absolution are finalists in the Colorado RWA Heart of Excellence Awards!
- May 2011 – Cover of Darkness is a finalist in the Daphne Du Maurier Awards!
- April 2011 – No Turning Back is an OKRWA National Readers’ Choice Awards finalist!