Release: January 19, 2014
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Format: ebook & print
Length: Short Novel (70,000 words)
He left her when she needed him most…
Four years ago, Dr. Grace Fallon lost everything that mattered in a terrorist attack she barely survived. Now she’s stronger than ever and in Pakistan with a UN-sanctioned team for the most important assignment of her career. She’s dedicated her life to eradicating the world of chemical weapons, and long ago accepted the inherent risks associated with her job. Until the man whose memory has haunted her for so long suddenly reappears and inadvertently makes her the target of one of the most dangerous terrorists on the planet. Forced to accept Alex’s protection, it’s impossible to deny the white-hot attraction still burning between them. And while she trusts him to guard her from this new threat, Grace must once again decide whether to risk her heart to the man who once shattered her entire world.
Now he’ll risk everything to win her back…
Four years ago, NSA agent Alex Rycroft left Grace because had no choice. But never again. Malik Hassani has escaped custody, he’s on the run, and has locked onto Grace as a means to target Alex. This time Alex will do whatever it takes to protect her—and convince her to give them another chance. Walking away from her nearly destroyed him and now that she’s back in his life, he can’t let her go. When the unthinkable happens and Grace’s life hangs in the balance, he’ll sacrifice everything to save her—including himself.
“Don’t.” A whispered plea. She shook her head once, panic and denial flashing across her face. Her hands came up to block him, her palms hitting the wall of his chest and he could feel the tremor in them. He ached to touch her, take her pain away.
Alex’s own hand shook slightly as he reached up to cradle her cheek in his palm. She flinched at the contact but didn’t shove him back as he’d feared. He stroked his thumb gently across the silken curve of her cheek, dying inside because he needed so much more. “It was me,” he whispered back. “Whatever I did and didn’t tell you back then, it was still me.” He wrapped the fingers of his other hand around her palm, pressed it to his chest over his pounding heart. “I’m still the man you knew, no matter what else has happened.”
Grace squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head again as she tugged her hand from his grasp. “Back up and give me some space. I can’t breathe—I can’t think when you touch me.”
But he couldn’t back away. Not now.
Instead he leaned in closer and put one hand on the door, caging her between it and his body. “I don’t want you to think, I want you to feel. Feel me, Grace. Feel this.” He grabbed her hand again, pressed it tight to his chest. “Feel that? The connection? It’s still there, you know it is, because it’s real. Whatever else I lied to you about, I never lied about this. Us.”
- November 2013 – Dangerous Attraction hits #21 on the NYT List!
- November 2013 – Dangerous Attraction hits #35 on the USA Today Bestseller List!
- April 2013 – Darkest Caress is a finalist in the NECRWA Bean Pot contest!
- March 2013 – Darkest Caress is nominated by The Romance Reviews for best paranormal romance of 2013!
- March 2013 – Darkest Caress is 2013 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence finalist!
- November 2012 – Darkest Caress will be part of Harlequin’s paranormal Direct To Customer print program in June!
- March 2012 – Deadly Descent is a 2012 New England RWA Bean Pot finalist!
- March 2012 – Absolution wins the 2012 EPIC Awards!
- November 2011 – Absolution takes 3rd in the 2011 Laurel Wreath Awards!
- October 2011 – No Turning Back wins the 2011 Aspen Gold Competition!
- October 2011 – Relentless takes 3rd in the 2011 Heart of Excellence Awards!
- September 2011 - Absolution is a 2012 EPIC Finalist!
- July 2011 – Cover of Darkness and No Turning Back are finalists in the Aspen Gold Competition!
- July 2011 – Relentless and Absolution are finalists in the Heart of Excellence Awards!
- May 2011 – Cover of Darkness is a finalist in the Daphne Du Maurier Awards!
- April 2011 – No Turning Back is an OKRWA National Readers’ Choice Awards finalist!