Genre: Romantic Suspense
Format: ebook & print
Length: Novel (92,000 words)
Pride tore them apart…
Warrant Officer Honor Girard made the worst mistake of her life in walking away from the man she promised to marry—and she knows it. An attack on base unexpectedly pushes them together and in the aftermath she realizes she can’t let him go a second time. Only he’s not willing to let her back in. After orders send her back stateside she realizes she’s probably lost him forever. It will take either a miracle to bring them back together—or a life-altering tragedy.
Only forgiveness can bring them back together.
Major Liam Magrath lives his life on the edge, flying dangerous missions with the Army’s elite Night Stalkers. Since losing Honor he’s been totally focused on his career, his missions and the welfare of his crew. Then she’s suddenly thrust back into his life and tells him the last thing he expects to hear: she wants another chance. Losing her once was hard enough—giving her another shot isn’t an option. He’s determined to keep his heart walled off from the only woman he’s ever loved, until a catastrophic terrorist attack on American soil changes everything. Now that he’s finally made up his mind to go after her, however, it may be too late. Liam is determined to fight for her at all costs—but first they’ll have to fight for their lives in a disastrous attack that hits far too close to home.
Freshly showered and changed into her nightwear, Honor settled on her bunk to read a while. Footsteps outside alerted her that her solitude was about to be interrupted so she set down her e-reader and looked at the plywood door, expecting to see either Ace or their new roomie, Barb, come in.
The door slid open and she stared in shock as Liam walked in instead.
He shut it tight behind him, his green eyes locked on her. Honor stood slowly, aware of her heart pounding in the sudden silence. He looked tired but too sexy for words standing there in his desert camo pants and light tan T-shirt that hugged his muscular chest and upper arms. A slight shadow of stubble covered his jaw.
He raked that intense green gaze over her, taking in the Night Stalkers T-shirt he’d given her when they’d been together. Maybe she’d been stupid to keep it but when she wore it she felt less alone and it helped her remember all the good times when they’d been together.
Liam’s eyes stopped at her breasts, where the font read Death Waits in the Dark above the Night Stalker logo. Her nipples tightened instantly against the soft cotton as heat punched through her.
Crossing her arms over her breasts, she found her voice. “What are you doing here?”
His gaze shifted to hers. “Heard you’re going back stateside soon.”
“Yeah.” And? She felt vulnerable as hell standing there in nothing but his shirt and a pair of sleep shorts. Then realization dawned and she narrowed her eyes. “Did you set this up with Ace?”
Looking totally unapologetic, he nodded.
Honor didn’t understand. “Why?”
“Wanted to see you.”
Arms still clamped across her chest, she cocked her head, refusing to allow herself to feel hopeful. Didn’t matter how much she felt or how much she still wanted him, because she couldn’t have him. “Why’s that?”
He didn’t answer, only stared at her with those hungry green eyes.
Her belly flipped as she imagined them on her bunk, his hard body on top of hers as he pinned her to the bed. Irritated, she scowled at him and raised her chin. She didn’t have time for games. “Seriously, what do you want, Liam?” Why show up here, now, when there was nothing left to say and she was leaving in two days?
Rather than answer, he reached out one hand to snag a chair set against the wall and slid the top of its back beneath the door handle, barricading the door. She tore her gaze from the powerful muscles shifting in his arms and chest to find him watching her with that hot, piercing stare.
His expression was hungry. Predatory.
“Closure,” he rasped out.
- May 2014 – Ignited is a Daphne Du Maurier finalist!
- April 2014 – Lethal Pursuit and Ignited are both 2014 Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence finalists!
- April 2014 – The Vacant Chair is a 2014 Colorado Romance Writers Award of Excellence finalist!
- March 2014 – Lethal Pursuit is a 2014 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence finalist!
- November 2013 – Dangerous Attraction box set hits #21 on the NYT List!
- November 2013 – Dangerous Attraction box set hits #35 on the USA Today Bestseller List!
- April 2013 – Darkest Caress is a finalist in the NECRWA Bean Pot contest!
- March 2013 – Darkest Caress is nominated by The Romance Reviews for best paranormal romance of 2013!
- March 2013 – Darkest Caress is a 2013 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence finalist!
- March 2012 – Deadly Descent is a 2012 New England RWA Bean Pot finalist!
- March 2012 – Absolution wins the 2012 EPIC Awards!
- November 2011 – Absolution takes 3rd in the 2011 Laurel Wreath Awards!
- October 2011 – No Turning Back wins the 2011 Aspen Gold Competition!
- October 2011 – Relentless takes 3rd in the 2011 Heart of Excellence Awards!
- September 2011 – Absolution is a 2012 EPIC Finalist!
- July 2011 – Cover of Darkness and No Turning Back are finalists in the Aspen Gold Competition!
- July 2011 – Relentless and Absolution are finalists in the Colorado RWA Heart of Excellence Awards!
- May 2011 – Cover of Darkness is a finalist in the Daphne Du Maurier Awards!
- April 2011 – No Turning Back is an OKRWA National Readers’ Choice Awards finalist!